The Best-Selling Author and Columnist
Copyright Jacky Newcomb 2016
Angel Wings (Group)
Jacky is a Columnist for
With international singer and TV presenter Peter Andrè
Channel 5 Live
With TV Presenter Holly Willoughby ITV's This Morning
"...an inspiring and heartfelt read"
"...read Jacky Newcomb's books ... just enjoy!
Suzi Quatro, Singer/Songwriter
> Takes you to another site
With classical musician and TV Presenter Myleene Klass on GMTV
Jacky on the cover of OM Times. Read Feature
With TV Presenter Lorraine Kelly
With TV Presenter Gabby Logan
"Our dear friend, singer Patti Boulaye invited us to her first night at The Crazy Coqs Cabaret & Jazz Club in London." More photos
"With my close friend, TV presenter Anthea Turner."
"The lovely Uri Geller took this selfie of us at a private event."
"On the Alan Titchmarsh Show".
Best-Selling Author Jacky Newcomb
1. I’ve learnt that when people ask me how things are going I always say, ‘brilliant’ because it’s only by staying positive and keeping yourself in that uplifted state of mind that you create your vision.
2. Never listen to other people’s negative opinions about your ideas (in fact you probably shouldn’t ask others what they think). When I first started writing there were far too many people that said there wouldn’t be enough interest in the type of non-fiction books I wanted to write. At today’s date, early 2014, I’m just about to publish my 17th book so they might have been wrong about that one.
3. Have you noticed how successful musicians always have their gold disks on their walls, and actors hang the posters of their plays down the stairs! Celebrities always frame their achievements. Successful companies put their winning trophies in a prominent position. In the early days of my career I used to frame the covers of my books. I even framed my first column. Never underestimate how this acts as a reminder of how far you have come and how it encourages you to want to try even harder. You can replace your early work with bigger and better as you go along.
4. If you want to publish your work, if you want to become a writer then you need to write. It’s the number one rule. Write for the free paper, the church times and the local magazine. Work for free; they’ll be delighted and it will get you out there. Later, when you have some experience under your belt you can start writing for magazines that pay.
5. Create a website. Everyone should have one. Your website is the shop window of your business and you should be front and centre. White space sells (keep it simple and not too cluttered), and make sure you have at least one great photograph of yourself on your site (people buy people first of all). Let them know a little about you. Make sure people can get hold of you and let the images show what you do. Let your website show your successes too.
Jacky Newcomb is known affectionately to fans as ‘The Angel Lady’. She is the Sunday Times Best-Selling author and columnist for ‘Take-A-Break’s Fate & Fortune’ magazine. She is a regular radio guest, and frequently featured in the national press (Daily Mail, Daily Mirror, Daily Express etc).